LAW OFFICE / EXPERIENCE
DMR Law Office was founded by Dorota Monika Rosiak, attorney-at-law with over 25 years of professional experience in providing legal services to domestic and foreign clients: corporations, institutions and individual persons.
In the years 1998-2016 she was a Partner at one of the largest and oldest law firms in Gdańsk. Since 2016, she runs her own law office, DMR LAW. Dorota Rosiak is a member of the Gdańsk Bar Association since 1994, member of the Foreign Committee of this Chamber, as well as a member of the Dutch-Polish Chamber of Commerce.
Fluent in English and Dutch / Flemish; has a working knowledge of Russian. The District Court in Antwerp, Belgium appointed her a sworn translator and interpreter of Dutch / Flemish language.
Dorota Monika Rosiak is Honorary Consul of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Gdańsk.
An arbiter and a member of the governing body of the International Court of Arbitration of the Polish Chamber of Maritime Commerce in the years 2005-2017. She was also a member
of supervisory boards of companies in the National Investment Fund programme.
Completed her legal education in Poland and abroad (inter alia, University of Antwerp); took part in postgraduate internships at major Dutch law firms. A graduate of the Faculty of Law an Administration of the University of Gdańsk and Post-Graduate School of European Law of the Copernicus University in Toruń. Also completed Psychological studies in Sopot and numerous legal and psychological courses and workshops on negotiation techniques – including the techniques applied by the FBI.
Her professional experience is focused on the broadly understood civil, economic, administrative and private international law. It includes, among others:
- legal services for both domestic and foreign enterprises with various business profiles, a.o. including granting of permanent legal services for a leading Polish energy concern, entities investing in renewable energy (RES), shipbuilding and other areas of the maritime economy, companies engaged in commercial, industrial and agricultural activities,
- negotiating and drafting large interdisciplinary international contracts,
- establishing, transformations, mergers of commercial companies and other entities, acquisition and divestment of the shares and stocks, sales of companies or their organized parts, acquisition and divestment of properties, liquidations and bankruptcies of entities,
- labour law and managerial contracts,
- copyrights and related laws,
- family and inheritance law,
- debt recovery and compensatory cases,
- negotiating and closing of court and out-of-court settlements; conducting several hundred disputes before common and arbitration courts, including cases for securing of claims – arrests of ships and seizures of other assets of debtors; participation in cases before foreign courts,
- conducting the so-called Swiss franc credits disputes,
- administrative cases, including representation of entities and individuals before government agencies and administrative courts,
- strictly cross-border matters, such as posting of workers abroad or cross-border family, inheritance law and tax matters, procedures connected with residency and work permits for foreigners in Poland and applying for Polish citizenship.